Book Review: Obedience by Liza Snow

Title: Obedience
Series: Ties that Bind 1
Author: Liza Snow
Published Date: April 4,2023
Genre: Romance, Suspense, Mystery
Triggers/Tropes: Slow Burn, Age Gap, Forbidden Love, BDSM, Dual POV 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
🌶️🌶️🌶️ - Spicy 🥵

Cassandra Growing up, I was mesmerized by a man soaring the skies. The greatest silk aerialist in the world, Chandler Moreau. The day before my parents died, they took me to see his circus, and it was then I knew my fate was sealed. I would do everything in my power to perform with them one day. To perform with him. Little did I realize, he would be far more than I’d ever imagined him to be. Far more than just a mentor. He was a man I didn’t want to live without. And someone I wanted to keep safe from a past that seemed to keep following me. Chandler My entire career, I’d been waiting for the right student to take under my wing. A protégé with whom I could share my lifelong journey in the circus. Little did I know it would be Cassandra Blackstone. A woman who'd grown up admiring me from afar. I never intended to fall in love with the student I was supposed to protect—from myself and the demons that lurked in my shadows. But sometimes fate has other plans. My grandfather's taunting words still linger. Mieux vaut plier que rompre. Adapt and survive. They weren’t just his adage but also unmistakably true. A reminder that Cassandra and my shared history seemed to intertwine us more than the silks we’d spent our lives mastering ever could…


This book was definitely not a normal book I would read. I am a huge fantasy buff but I came out of my comfort zone to read this book and I can tell you I generally loved it! The plot/story was so unique. I received the audiobook and let me tell you! I loved it! Roo really brought Cassandra to life and Danny his voice fit so perfectly! 


 This book was a roller coaster of emotions and tension…sexual tension. “Obedience” by Liza Snow will have you wanting to join the circus and experience being a silk aerialist! Cassandra has been inspired and looked up to Chandler since she was little. Cassandra grew up admiring everything about Chandler. Her parents were also magicians but due to her love for Chandler, she decided to peruse being an aerialist. With all the training she has done she was accepted into the academy and sees her idol and this gives her the opportunity to train under him and be his protege…tension is high! The forbidden love of student and professor leaves you wanting them to get together and also angry because someone takes forever to admit their love. What I love about Chandler is the fact that he is a man who definitely loved his hobbies as an aerialist and shibari which he loves showing Cassandra (if you get the drift). 


With the ✨suspenseful romance✨ and oh-so-lovely drama/family drama. This book left you with a cliffhanger wanting more and to know more about the murder mystery of Cassandra's family. I can’t wait for book 2!



Post a Comment